Search the Site
Create a Site
Read the News
Whats On

History of Pease Park



The land of the park was purchased by Pontefract Borough Council (now Wakefield Metropolitan District Council) in 1956.

In 2006 a local survey carried out by the South Pontefract Community Partnership (now Pontefract Community Partnership) of local residents showed that the people living nearby wanted to make better use of the green space known locally as Pease's field.
The development of the green space included the re-location of the playground and the erection of a boundary fence.
New paths and seating have been added along with attempts to add some trees. Some of the trees have survived in the meadow area created to help our local wildlife.
This then became known as Pease Park.

Friends of Pease Park was formed from the steering group of Pontefract Community Partnership that delivered the changes and, along with other interested parties, aims to continue the care, upkeep and future development of our park.


Graphic version of this page