Logo Image
return to the previous page

 

 

 

 

report offensive content
click to view site

click to view site

 

text version

 

 

Homepage

Events 2017

Park features

History

Park Construction

Opening Event 2010

Galas

Detective Duck

bookmark this website print this page    
History of Pease Park

Image 1 for History of Pease Park


The land of the park was purchased by Pontefract Borough Council (now Wakefield Metropolitan District Council) in 1956.

In 2006 a local survey carried out by the South Pontefract Community Partnership (now Pontefract Community Partnership) of local residents showed that the people living nearby wanted to make better use of the green space known locally as Pease's field.
The development of the green space included the re-location of the playground and the erection of a boundary fence.
New paths and seating have been added along with attempts to add some trees. Some of the trees have survived in the meadow area created to help our local wildlife.
This then became known as Pease Park.

Friends of Pease Park was formed from the steering group of Pontefract Community Partnership that delivered the changes and, along with other interested parties, aims to continue the care, upkeep and future development of our park.